piątek, 9 sierpnia 2013

2. Platinum? Sure, why not?

I believe that no introduction is needed in the topic of trophies, since almost every gamer who has one of the current gens or a Steam account gets them, wether they are called trophies or achievements.The point of this post is to explain why I get trophies and determine wether I am an individual known as a trophy whore

First, I should explain the term trophy whore, for those few souls out there in the torrents of the Internet. Trophy Whores and/or Achievement Whores are people whose only goal in their gaming lives is to get said trophies or achievements, it does not matter wether they are playing a game specifically designed for children and rated PEGI 3 or they are mashing buttons in Street Fighter X Tekken. If you are interested and not easily offended, check this link for a very fun definition of the aforementioned term. 

Another term that often appears on various forums is the term trophy/achievement hunter, what does it mean? Well, a trophy hunter is a trophy whore, but in a lesser, yet not evolved form or a person without mental defect that commands him/her to get every trophy in every game. Trophy Hunters are individuals who get trophies in various games, possibly those they truly enjoy rather than getting Platinums or 100% in some Disney games. 

Now, something about my style of gaming. I don't know if I can call myself a Hardcore gamer, since I know I suck at certain games. I am certain that I am not a casual gamer tough. I like games that provide a challenge, are fun to play and offer a great story. If a game provides all three aforementioned conditions then I will get it for sure. Do I play games solely for the purpose of getting a Platinum in them? No, however there was a time when I did, and at that time I had needed a solid ass kicking from my friends and girlfriend. 

When I had got my PS# console, I didn't even care about trophies, I had the game I wanted and I played a hundred times, then I got another game and played it another hundred times, untill I hooked my PS3 to the Internet (all the cool kids do that, duh). Then I have noticed that Uncharted got a trophy patch, and I played a few times more to get the platinum, just for fun. However it soon had changed and I've bought games solely for the purpose of getting trophies, because I wanted to be better than I don't know, my friends, your mom, Hakoom, Duck360, any other random Internet dude who is collecting trophies,and even tough I was "platting" every game I still playing only those games that were appealing to me. This changed when I received the major ass-kicking. I came to realize that I get nothing from collecting trophies, even the tought of sport-like competition is not enough to get me back to being an idiot who collects every trophy in every game he gets. Please take it into consideration, I have never got so low as to play a Disney game or even a game designed for children only, I had my pride.

What is it like now? To be honest, when I go to a game store to buy a game, I think, I think if I am buying this game because I like it or, because I want the platinum. My stupid friend would say that the latter is the answer, but fuck him. and fuck him hard for that. The answer would be, both. If I go to the store to get a game, I get it, because the trailer was amazing, the game sounds nice and I know that, if it truly is amazing then maybe I will get the platinum, simply because I will have nothing else to do. 

There was also a time when I got 100% in games I bought, because, if I had to trade them for another game after beating it, then I would waste a lot of money. Nowadays games are very short, fun, but still short, even on hardest difficulty setting, and the idea that I can get a platinum in a short game like that, increased the amount of time spent with the game. 

So, to conclude everything into one small paragraph, am I a trophy whore? A trophy hunter? Or what? I would say that I am something in the middle, a Trophy "whonter" (Whore + Hunter for those who didn't get it). I would like to write more, but when I look at this post's length and think that I have to translate it, I am getting sick. So, stay safe and have fun and go get some trophies, you have been reading this posts for so long, you guys deserve it. 

I am sorry, for any typos or errors, I am too tired to fix them and the spell checker is a moron and is not working.

Brak komentarzy:

Prześlij komentarz